How do container handlers choose the right level of automation?
Choosing the right level of automation for your port or terminal will depend on your business objectives and needs. Kalmar offers different levels of container handling automation. You may choose to start with process automation or operator assisted moves where part of your operational processes are automated, and the rest are manually controlled and monitored by your operators. At higher levels of automation your equipment will be able to execute all moves automatically, without an operator. An operator will still be required to oversee the operations and handle exceptions from a centralised control centre.
How will you benefit from automated container handling with Kalmar One?
As an open automation system there are many benefits to deploying Kalmar One in your container port or terminal:
- Kalmar One is scalable and can grow with your operations
- Kalmar One is a modular system that allows you to choose what and how you automate
- Kalmar One supports many levels of automation, from remote controlled to the fully automated movement of containers
- Kalmar One can be used to automate your entire fleet, including even 3rd party container handling machines
Kalmar One is an open automation system using industry standards that can be seamlessly integrated with other systems through our Kalmar Key open API’s.
What are the advantages of Kalmar One for automated container terminals?
Automating the movement of containers around your port, terminal or yard has many advantages:
- You will be able to raise the utilisation rates of your equipment
- Safety will be improved as the movement of containers will happen in isolation from your people
- Operators can be redeployed to other areas of your business
- You will have a flexible automation solution that can grow with your business
- Automated equipment is more efficient and can help in reducing your overall operating costs.
Equipment automation Powered by Kalmar One.
All of our automated equipment applications are Powered by Kalmar One, enabling you to seamlessly automate container handling equipment in your port, terminal or yard.